Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Music and Editing

So this past week has been really fun for me, I have been fortunate enough to read some seriously good books and for the most part am caught up with just about everything (work, e-mail, home, errands, etc).
So I decided to spend some time this afternoon doing some editing that isn't due for another two or three week, but hey I had the time so why not. One of my absolute favorite things to do when editing is put on a good soundtrack. It always puts me in the right frame of mind, helps me focus and removes all stress. Lately I have been positively addicted to Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. If you haven't heard of them before, well you should without a doubt google them and listen to some of their music. The work they do for soundtracks is just so amazingly beautiful. They do amazing things with instrumentals, they make them so haunting or hopeful, there is even one song reminds me of a sunrise. To be able to paint a picture with sounds and no words, is just such a feat.
Anyway, I wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone while I get some editing work done. Hope everyone is having an amazing week.

PS If you are in the market for a new laptop, I have had my new MacBook Pro for a couple weeks now (I think three) and I am completely in love with. While my MacBook was alive and kicking for many years, and died through no fault of the computer (damn water damage) the MacBook Pro just has a smoother run, and in general is a nicer machine. I also really like the metal casing versus plastic. Plus the new Pros have the Retina display which is so crisp and easy to look at. I would recommend it to anyone who is in the market for a new laptop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment